Unilever Associate Finance Manager, Industrial Plant Lead in Suffolk, Virginia
Background & Purpose of the Job:
At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We create products that people enjoy, trust and use as part of their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you can make an impact!! We look for people with different views, ideas, experiences and backgrounds to bring dynamism to the business and, most importantly, an empathy with consumers. It's those individuals working together that make Unilever one of the most successful consumer goods companies in the world.
We need individuals with the courage to be heard, seize opportunities and take risks. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. As an Associate Finance Manager, Industrial Lead, you will partner with the Sourcing Unit to enable the business to meet its' financial goals, proactively lead efforts to identify opportunities and implement solutions to enhance the financial performance of the Sourcing Unit.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
The Industrial Finance Lead is in charge of the finance function in the factory and has the responsibility to drive the factory financial performance and to assure financial control as per the Unilever/legal standards. He/she is an active member of the Site Leadership team and is responsible for the finance team of the factory.
The Industrial Finance Lead should have exceptional leadership and be an innate problem-solver, with the ability to support the business in developing and executing on effective business strategies; including the planning and budgeting process. Some of the responsibilities include:
- To drive the performance of the site together with the leadership team
- To be responsible for all financial activities in the site, including all elements of financial control: delivery of sourcing unit result, management of capital expenditure, accurate and timely reporting of actuals and highlighting financial forecasts on site, including responsibility for providing inputs for the Transfer Price calculation applying the Activity Based Costing (ABC) methodology
- To be the Finance Business Partner to the Supply Leader director/manager and the Leadership team, and provide decision support and financial analysis.
- To drive cost deployment activities as part of WCM ( World Class Manufacturing) and lead teams to deliver sustainable cost improvement in the factory
- This is a key role reporting to the Category SC Finance Manager.
Driving factory performance
- Ensuring the delivery of the site’s costs targets and Sourcing Unit Result (SUR).
- Deliver the WCM agenda through leading the cost deployment pillar and providing support for the other pillars
- Completion of financial modelling and analysis in support of capital investments or other adhoc business proposals as needed.
- To play a key role in all areas of the site’s Leadership Team including strategy, business plan and general site issues.
- Leadership and development of the Finance team
Assure financial control
- Control of the site Balance sheet
- Maintenance of all key financial controls across the site, with particular emphasis on delivering all actions necessary to secure Sarbanes Oxley compliance. To ensure adherence to Unilever’s accounting policy and raising awareness of risk management and control considerations throughout the management team.
- Management of Capital Investment (CAPEX).
- Budget for future site conversion costs and delivery of a timely forecasting process to highlight potential deviations from these budgets.
- Work with central teams to assure effective controls and financial/management reporting
- Other local tasks (insurance, fiscal issues, statistics etc)
- Cost per tone
- Waste reduction delivery
- Drive WCM agenda and savings delivery
You love to win, and have fun doing it:Models success and fulfillment, achieves satisfaction by helping others to continue developing their skills.
You’re a changemaker:Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
You’re a paradox navigator:The ability to navigate the many embedded operational tensions.
You’re a culture & change champion:Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor degree in a related field; Masters degree or CPA preferred
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Prior work experience in Supply Chain Finance strongly preferred; Consumer Product Goods (CPG) preferred
- ERP Experience required; SAP preferred
- Microsoft Office required; Advanced Excel required
- Business partnering experience with clear, focused and sound financial assessment and guidance (strategic insights, risks, and opportunities)
- Leading efficient and effective budgeting and forecasting activities (complex and time sensitive, cycle driven and continuous forward look approaches)
- Providing incisive and persuasive management performance reporting and analysis solutions across multiple organizational dimensions
- Developing strong personal and team relationships across a multitude of business stakeholders
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Suffolk-Suffolk -1046 W. Washington
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180007LY